Saturday, December 1, 2007

There is a chill in the air

I love this weather! Yesterday it poured and poured buckets of rain. I'm guessing it was more rain than we've had in more than a year combined. Today it is overcast and there is a strong breeze. My backyard is covered with leaves, and I just love the look of it. I honestly don't know why people rush to rake up leaves and throw them away. I kind of like my yard decorated for Fall the natural way and if we leave the leaves there they create nice mulch for grass in the Spring. I am going to try to get the Christmas tree up today. All the Christmas decorations have been sitting in boxes in the living room all week mocking me.

A little update on our drain situation. They are still not draining. If they don't clear up by Monday I think we will have to break down and call a plumber. I've had to put Daniel in disposable diapers because I can't wash the cloth diapers until the drains are fixed. I may have to visit the laundromat today so we have some clothes to wear.

Some good news! I was reading my friend Rebecca's blog today and I figured out that I can set my blog up so comments can be left without people needing an account. You can now leave comments by clicking the anonymous button but please include your name in your comment so I know who you are.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Kindra said...

I too LOVE this time of year...personally I LOVED this weekend and the fall-like weather it brought with it. I will continue to pray for your drain situation...what a pain..hang in there, girl. ~ Kindra