Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have a fire in my belly

We have all been sick for what seems like forever. Its like illness just keeps cycling through the family. It started with colds after Thanksgiving and we've had everything from running noses, sneezing, to intestinal issues, sinus issues, and now coughing. I took Elijah to the doctor yesterday which was a waste of a few hours of time and $20 to be told its a virus and it should go away. I had thought he might be getting croup again but no which is a good thing. No medicine, or advice. Oh well. So now all of us are hacking away.

I wrote in a previous blog about how Elijah had been saying he can't get cold because he has a fire in his belly. Well he still says it but he stopped for a short time which just happened to coincide with a week that we missed going to church. The following Sunday (this past Sunday) as we were walking through the church parking lot on our way in and it was raining, and cold Elijah turned to me and said, "Mommy we're at church! I got my fire back!" he was all happy, and proudly reported that he couldn't get cold because he had his fire in his belly and it keeps him warm. So I was astounded with evangelical thoughts about how church gives my son a fire in his belly which keeps him warm. I shared this with his Sunday school teachers and the pastor's wife as well. They all thought that was funny its not like Elijah goes to church and hears sermons about fire and brimstone or anything. Then as we were going home Elijah talked about how he wanted to play Pacman when we got home because why? You guessed it, because it gives him a fire in his belly. I guess to Elijah God and Pacman are all he needs.

No comments: