I hate paying bills so instead here I am blogging. I know its been awhile!! Since I last blogged Daniel had his 2nd birthday. He is such a big boy now! We are enjoying Spring but I keep getting sinus headaches. Something in the air doesn't agree with me. No fun!
A big change that I am implementing today is that I have decided to basically go vegan for a 40 day challenge. I am leading a study called Devoted Bodies and its about making our bodies fit per God's plan and design for us. The study is showing me that meat (which I love) should really not be the main source of our diet. I am also trying to cut out caffeine for the challenge. I had a small cup today. I figure I'll cut down over a few days until I cut it out completely. Saying goodbye to cheese and other dairy is not easy either. I think it will be good for me though. I have a hard time moderating how much I eat so I am thinking cutting out the bad stuff completely may be the way to go. If I over-eat on fruits and veggies that's better than over-eating on cheese and fatty foods. Doug of course still wants his meat, eggs and cheese. So balancing his diet with mine is going to take some juggling and I am hoping it doesn't tempt me too much. I stocked up on lots of beans, nuts, some tofu, fruits, and veggies; so I am excited to be implementing this change. I never thought I would even think about going vegetarian or vegan so this study has really opened my eyes.
In other big news we started Elijah on his first grade curriculum yesterday. We are using the Calvert curriculum. I have had it for awhile now and he really has done all the kindergarten work so we decided to jump into it. Its a new system for me as the teacher so we are both on a learning curve here but I have to say yesterday's work went very well! I'm not sure if I like the math yet. I need to give it a little more time. Its definitely not as detailed as the Saxon math was. We are using a 2nd grade level math and I hope it starts challenging him more because yesterday was pretty easy and was review for him. We have our last meeting of the school year with Elijah's Education Specialist from the charter school tomorrow. He will also be taking the WRAT test tomorrow which he took at the beginning of the year so it will be interesting to see how much he has progressed. School is officially over for the year at the end of this month. It went so fast!! I am looking forward to the summer break but I do plan on doing a couple days of school work with Elijah each week so he can keep his skills up and so we can get ahead for the next school year. We like to take off days during the school year to do fun stuff like Disneyland and field trips so that will help us stay on track.
I hope you all are well. Find me on Facebook for more frequent updates.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Joanna, vegan for 40 days. I don't know if I could do it. I hope it goes well for you and is not as hard as it sounds.
Way to go on Elijah's school too. What a great feeling it must be to be done for the summer. Sounds like you are both doing really well with it.
Way to go! Keep up the good work and good luck reaching your goal!
Keep sharing what you are eating, I love hearing new ideas!
That is funy!! Like mother like daughter I guess. I am susposed to be doing grades, lessons, and of course paying bills, so here I am blogging you. I'm behind in everything, so thought I should catch up on your ramblings. They always cheer me up when I am stressed.
love
mom
Post a Comment