Friday, February 13, 2009

Good news!

Some of you may remember that I posted back in July that Daniel had a high lead level in his blood. I took him for his 6 month re-test at the end of January and I just got a call from the health department saying it was nearly half what it was in July and is now in the normal range. I still have to get him rechecked at the end of April to make sure it hasn't gone back up. The lady I was talking to asked if we had figured out how he was exposed to lead and I told her "No we didn't know for sure but we live in an old home (1918)". She is sending me a brochure about a program they have that will send people out to test your home for lead and try to locate the source and then will fix it for free or low cost if the home was built before 1978 and if you have a child under the age of 6 in the home . I wish they had given me that information back in the summer, but I am glad to have it now. So happy![:D]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!
I am so happy to hear that. I have been praying for your family about that. It was always a concern for us when we lived with our in-laws whose house was built in the 50's.

littlecbsmom said...

That is great great news! Keep us posted on what they come up with after coming out and running the tests!

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Wow..how scary but praise the Lord for such great news!