Monday, March 2, 2009

Smooth Legs - Product Review

Ok I am embarrassed to say I purchased this product at the mall and even more embarassed to say I spent $30 on it. Especially since shortly after I got home with it, I saw a commercial for it and it was being sold for $15! So to make the most of this lapse in judgement here is my public service announcement, I mean product review of Smooth Legs All Natural Hair Removal and Exfoliator.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! This is the worst choice of how to spend my money that I have made in a very long time. Last weekend I walked around at The Ontario Mills and noticed a kiosk selling this product and demonstrating its use on passers by. I didn't stop. I kept walking but thought it looked interesting. I hate having stubble on my legs the feeling bugs me, and with young kids I don't always get that long peaceful shower with time to shave my legs so I thought this might be a good thing to have since I could use it outside of the shower. On the other side of the mall I ran into another kiosk selling it and again doing demonstrations. I gave into my curiosity and stopped to watch and then had them try it on me. They rubbed my forearm with the pad that felt a little sand-papery but not bad and the fine hairs I have on my arm were gone. They dabbed a touch of lotion on my arm and it felt great. So I was sold and bought my package which is labeled "Europe's Leading Hair Removal Product".

The product comes with two backing pads one larger and one smaller and 4 flex-crystal replacement pads that you stick on the backing pad so you have the tools to remove hair from your legs, eyebrows, upper lip, chin, and bikini area without the need for waxing, shaving, or plucking. It says on the box that it is safe, easy, and painless. It basically is supposed to rub off the hair whether it is fine or thick, quickly and painlessly. On a TV commercial I have seen for it they even use it on a man's chest hair. They told me when I bought it you can go a week between uses (longer than shaving) because it does such an amazing job exfoliating your skin and getting that hair off.

So I get home excited and ready to use my new product and start on my legs. The hair was not coming off so easily so I had to keep rubbing, and rubbing. Then I decided to try between my eyebrows with the smaller pad and got busy rubbing, and rubbing. It was not as easy to get the hair off these two areas as it was to get the fine hair off my forearm. The hair on my forearm can stay there though, it doesn't need to come off. Well about an hour after my Smooth Legs session I noticed my skin hurt on my legs and on the area around my eyebrows where I was previously rubbing. I had sort of a rug burn and it hurt and itched for days! I hadn't just removed hair but at least a couple layers of skin as well! To make matters worse the hair immediately grew back. The next day I had to actually shave because the stubble was making my scoured legs hurt even more! So for me this product is worthless and I hope you will save your money, and save yourself the pain and not buy this product.

2 comments:

JoyBeth said...

Hi Joanna, I found your blog through Julie, and I just wanted to let you know that this post brought a smile and a laugh to my day.

I can commiserate with you, though, because I also recently spent way more money than I should have - on a pair of shoes for my son, and I have been berating myself ever since.

Thank you so much for your humor - you made my day! :)

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Thanks for the tip. I've seen the product you are referring to and have thought about ...now I know I won't even bother!